Sunday, January 22, 2012

Paula Deen's Diabetic

Happy Sunday! 

Yesterday, I had to leave work early due to my eye being extremely red and burning. I went to the doctor right away, come to find out I have a bacterial infection. GROSS!! 

While waiting at HEB for my prescription, I noticed this magazine. 
"Paula Deen's Health Crisis" sounds very interesting. I had to just pick it up and continue reading what was going on. 

(People) 

Paula Deen was diagnosed 3 years ago with Type 2 diabetes. She recently revealed her struggle last week on TV. She has been getting a lot of media attention lately due to her eating habits these past 3 years knowing she was a Type 2 diabetic.

Here is a statement that I found on Fox News
It states that Paula is hypocritical to have promoted an unhealthy food choice and hypocritical that a drug company would give her an endorsement deal with her food lifestyle. 
Her recent cookbook has been named the 5th unhealthiest cookbook of 2011.  

Here is also a video that I found that talked a little more about the issue.


Anthony Bourdain even slams Paula on Twitter with the following:


"Thinking of getting into the leg-breaking business, so I can profitably sell crutches later." (From ABC)

What do you think about Paula and all this media attention she is getting recently after announcing she has T2 Diabetes? 


Diabetes runs in my family, so I feel starting early and watching what you eat can be an early prevention. L and I try to watch what we eat at home and eat in moderation as well.


In my opinion, I think it is crazy that she has known about this and still continued to tape shows in a month with an unhealthy choice of food. I read that she only ate like this while taping, and after when back to a healthier option. 




2 comments:

  1. I read that she only tapes 30 days a year and that's the only time she eats that way (like you mentioned). I think that eating that way only once in a while is okay, just not every day. Everyone has the ability to choose what they do/do not cook and do/do not eat. I kinda feel bad that she's getting so much negative attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new template/format of your blog! Which template did you use to be able to put a strand of your own pictures up top (sorry ... rookie blogger!)

    And I LOVE Paula, and agree with the above post. She doesn't eat like that everyday (if she did she would be on Celebrity Biggest Loser), and is entitled to a "bad" day every now and then. Team Paula!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...