Do you ever wonder about some people that have come into your life as friends and somehow they are no longer there?
Do you ever wish you can turn back time just to have that one friend back in your life?
Here lately, I have been feeling like that. So I thought I needed to vent to you, my readers! Here it goes....
In high school, I met a wonderful person that I shared everything with. She was on the cheerleading squad and I was on the dance team. We started a picture tradition and would always take pictures before every pep rally and football game.
She was like my best friend, even though I never said that to her she felt like one. She knew everything about me, and I knew everything about her. We later went off to college. She got accepted into Texas A&M and I went to the community college in Bryan/College Station.
We still hung out as much as we could, and I missed her tons when I moved back home to be with my grandpa that Spring semester. We would always call text each other even though we were in two different cities. I eventually moved back and got accepted into A&M, it was the greatest feeling!
I was so glad to be back in same city with with L. I was even more excited that she was still there which meant more drinking shopping, and studying time.
Fast forward to our last couple years of college
We moved in together the fall semester of her senior year and my last semester at A&M before student teaching. We would always go out every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. (Crazy, I know!! I miss college and the fun times) Sunday was our time to recover study. I enjoyed having her as one of my roomies, we would sit on the couch and watch Army Wives, cook dinner, or even just come home from a long day and sit on the couch taking. I miss those times.
I miss texting her and letting her know about things that are going on in my life, and venting to her. We both had a disagreement, and now that I look back on it I regret everything and wish we could turn back time and have our friendship back.
I miss my friend!! I still have pictures of us up from college and every time I see them, I wish we could have our old friendship back. Despite our past differences, I hope that some day she will be able to be apart of my wedding like we always talked about.
I'm beyond excited that she is going to be a mommy to a little girl in the next few months. Hopefully I can see them both when I visit San Antonio soon.
Have you ever lost a really close friend?
Did you end up working things out in the end?
No comments:
Post a Comment