On August 12th, 2006 my great-grandfather passed away. That was the hardest day of my life. I was so close to him and he was the next best thing besides my step-dad. I was his first great-granddaughter, and he did everything for my mom when it was just me and her. When my mom married my step-dad and had my sisters, he spoiled all three of us.
He was always there for us when we needed him the most no matter what time of day it was. Every birthday he bought us a piece of jewelry; from diamond earrings on my 10th birthday to matching rings for me and my sister. He even took us shopping for outfits for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. My grandpa was a hard working man, even when we knew he was getting too old to work, he never wanted to put down that bucket of paint and paint brush. He was a World War II veteran, and always wanted to see his great-grandchildren turn into successful adults so we wouldn't have to work as hard as him.
I would like to wish him a Happy Birthday! Today, he would have been 89. We would usually celebrate his birthday and my sisters together at his house with a small family dinner and cake. I miss you tons grandpa and not a day goes by that I don't think of you.
![]() |
| I was probably 4 1/2 -5 years old here |

No comments:
Post a Comment