This Christmas we stayed in Houston and planned on spending it with friends this year. L had told me Thursday when he got home from work that he felt like he was getting sick. So this year, our plans went like this:
On Friday night, I decided to make L a cake since Christmas Eve was his birthday. I made him a red velvet cake, and reminded him of his age. haha
My old roommate Megan, was in Tomball visiting her family this Christmas and she invited L and I over to her moms for a Christmas party. Megan recently got engaged to a wonderful guy, you can read about it here. We headed over to Tomball to spend Christmas Eve with Megan and her family. Megan gave me a cute little Christmas ornament with the letter "R" on it. I also made some Pecan Snowball cookies to take with us. We had a great time, but towards the end I could see L started feeling a little worse so we decided to head back home. I forgot to mention he also had to work for a couple hours on Christmas day and the weather was horrible here in Houston. (I didn't take a picture of us but Megan did, so I will post that picture when I get it)
 |
| College Roomies- Christmas 2011 |
 |
| I Love my new ornament! Thanks Megan |
Our plans for Christmas day were to go with L's fraternity brother and his girlfriend. We were planning on meeting Liz and Patrick over at her moms but when we got home, L told me to tell Liz we were not going to be able to make it out because he flat out felt like crap. So on Christmas day, I was upstairs for a while watching Lifetime Christmas movies. I eventually went down and we just laid on the couch watching The Polar Express, Home Alone I and II and flipping through other movies. I wish that we were able to spend it with our families, but I am glad that we got to spend a lazy Christmas day with each other and of course the furbaby!
Even though we didn't get to see our family this year, we had a great Christmas with friends and of course with each other. I can't wait to ring in the New Year with friends this year!
I made pecan snowballs too! Yum!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice Christmas! That's a great picture of you!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Kristen