Monday, December 12, 2011

Balsamic Glazed Chicken


Happy Monday!! 
  
This weekend I decided to make some baked chicken, just wasn't quite sure what to season it with.  I had a few ingredients I wanted to try and use for a marinade and got to searching on Pinterest. Here is my version of Balsamic Glazed Chicken. I used drumsticks instead of chicken breast because that was all I had in the freezer. (I like making a lot even though it is just the two of us this way L has some to take for lunch and we have leftovers for another day)

Balsamic Glazed Chicken:
Recipe adapted from Everday Mom's Meals which was adapted by Fresh Plate

Ingredients:

½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 TBSP Honey Mustard
1/8 cup Oregano, finely chopped
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Pepper
8 Chicken Drumsticks (you can also use 4- chicken breast)

In a medium bowl with lid; add all of the above ingredients except for the chicken. Wisk until honey mustard and olive oil are incorporated.

Sorry for the picture, I had to crop due to camera glare
Add the chicken to the marinade and cover bowl with lid. Shake the chicken around in the bowl till everything is coated with the marinade. After, refrigerate chicken for at least 2 hours.
L-Chicken in marinade bowl R- Chicken after shaking in marinade
Before you take the chicken out of the refrigerator, preheat oven to 400° and line a baking pan with foil.

Place the chicken on foil lined baking pan and pour marinade over chicken. Bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through. (If using chicken breast bake for at least 45 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through)

Let rest for before serving.

Recipe was adapted from the above sources to make my own version

Sautéed Squash and Zucchini

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp butter
2 Yellow squash, sliced
2 Zucchinis, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
½ Onion, cut in half length wise and thinly sliced
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

 Rinse squash and zucchini under water and completely dry before slicing.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter. Once butter is melted add garlic and onion. Stir until garlic and onion become fragrant.

Add squash, zucchini and red pepper flakes (optional). Cook until you notice the squash and zucchini getting dark, crispy brown edges. Remove skillet from the heat and enjoy!!  
Squash and Zuccini 
I don’t have the recipe for Spanish rice since L makes it and just eyeballs all the ingredients. Hopefully I can get him to measure the ingredients so I can share with you!
The end result
Do you like experimenting in the kitchen?
What is one thing you cooked that is now your go to recipe?

Photobucket

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...