Happy Friday!
This week while stalking reading some of my favorite blogs I came across a list of Christmas questions. Darby over at Life with the Hawley's had this great list of questions and she mentioned she wanted to read others.
So here goes:
- Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog, although when it is freezing outside I do love to make myself a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.
- Does Santa wrap presents our just sit them under the tree? Growing up, Santa would wrap the small things and sit the big presents under the tree or next to it depending on the size.
- Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love white lights but I also like incorporating a little bit of color.
- Do you hang a mistletoe? Sadly, no. I haven't had a chance to go shopping for decorations this year but ask me this question next year. L still gives me kisses either way!
- When do you put your decorations up? I usually try to put them up the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- What is your favorite holiday dish? Tamales and Menudo.
- Favorite holiday memory as a child? Going to my great-grandparents house and sitting around the table making tamales. My great-grandpa would make the masa (dough) for the tamales and after would leave all the girls in the kitchen to do the rest. Now, you can only imagine what a kitchen full of estrogen was like!
- When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What are you talking about? Santa is coming to my house this year since I have been good.
- Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Since me and L spend time with both our families on Christmas Eve, we are not allowed to open gifts with my family. With L's family we always go to church at midnight and then go back to L's parents house and open gifts.
- How do you decorate your Christmas tree? The tree was purchased prelit with white lights. I added a string of blue lights to match our blue/silver ornaments. I purchased blue/silver ornaments while in college and have added other random ornaments. I purchased some Aggie themed and our initials at Hobby Lobby to add to our tree.
- Snow! Love it or dread it? Snow?! I don't know what you are talking about. I'm from Texas and I have never seen a lick of white stuff falling from the sky. Granted, I have seen an inch of "snow" that doesn't count. So I think I need to visit a state with snow to further answer this question. :)
- Can you ice skate? I'm not sure, I haven't tried.
- What is on your Christmas list this year? I have asked Santa for a KitchenAid stand mixer and a DSLR camera.
- What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? I would have to say spending time with family. This year, we are not able to go back home so we will be spending it at home in Houston.
- What is your favorite holiday dessert? This is a hard question. I love everything from cookies, cakes....etc.
- What is your favorite holiday tradition? When I was younger, I would have to say it was the family getting together at my great-grandparents house. Now that I am older and live away, I would have to say it's sitting at home watching Christmas movies with L and baking Christmas goodies for the both of us.
- What tops your tree? A silver glittery star.
- Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I would have to say giving.
- Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum, especially the multi-colored ones :)
- Favorite Christmas movie? The Grinch, both the cartoon and the remake.
- Weirdest Christmas song? I don't think I have heard a weird Christmas song yet.
- What is your favorite Christmas song? Mariah Carey- All I Want for Christmas
![]() |
| image via |
Thanks again Darby for sharing this list of fun Christmas questions.
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?

haha Rochelle your answer to number 11 has me rolling! I loved your list :-)
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!
I agree, Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas" is my favorite Christmas song ever!! Sometimes I listen to it well after Christmas is over, like say July :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I hope we BOTH get kitchen aid mixers :)
Gig 'em and Merry Christmas!