Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Love Story-Linkup


I saw this linkup on Being Brynn's blog and thought I would join in as well! 
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We are going on 9 years August 4th! 

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We have known each other since Pre-K and met back up in middle school. You can read the details here and here. 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We are not engaged or married yet, but I know he is the one for me. L have been by my side and seen me at my weakest. He is such a wonderful man and would make a wonderful husband some day. 

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
I would love to have a destination wedding and have just our immediate family and close friends. L has a big family, and if we have a wedding back in San Antonio it would be pretty big and pricey. I'm trying to convince him for a destination wedding. 

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
My nicknames for him are: Boo bear, love bug, baby. He loves to be silly and has different nick-names for me and one that stands out is toots. haha I have no idea where he got that from. (probably his friends) 

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
His heart, he is always encouraging be to better at all I do; He's funny, he always knows how to make me laugh; His patience, I have my emotional days and he somehow knows how to deal with me during this time. 

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
I really don't have an ideal proposal. L is pretty good at keeping secrets, especially when he is planning something. I did tell him that I would love to have some one hiding somewhere taking pictures when it does happen. (:

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Umm neither. He loves to give me flowers and then go out to dinner and have a couple of drinks. 

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Definitely movie and couch!

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I would love to travel in general. But the one place I would love to visit with him is Paris. 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We have decided to go out for sushi and drinks. Nothing to extravagant since we both have to work the next day. 
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Just the Kitchenaid Stand mixer I have been dreaming about. I'm not asking for too much right? (:
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communication. I feel it is a key ingredient to keeping a relationship strong. I have my moments were I am so frustrated and get emotional and don't want to talk to L. I have found out that by communicating and letting him know how I feel and vise versa we are able to have a stronger relationship. Without communication, you will never know how the other feels or thinks. It's better to let the other know what's going on this way the both of you can work on whatever needs to get fixed.  I was horrible at communicating with L in the being, and I have come a long way thanks to him. 

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.


4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post, Rochelle!

    Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too sweet! I'm going to link up too! I was having a writer's block today and you just cleared it up for me! haha Have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree, this is very sweet! You guys seem perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower, here! I found you through the nail files link up.

    This is so cute! I had to join in! Such a cute couple! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...